Prep time: 20 minutes plus 3 hours to refrigerate
- 20 graham crackers
- ¼ pound butter
- 16 ounces dry cottage cheese, or farmer’s cheese
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 beaten egg yolks, 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ pint whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt butter. Crush 20 graham crackers, rolling fine and combine with butter. Spread crust in bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and press down firmly, so that mixture covers bottom of pan.For cheesecake:
- Take dry cottage cheese and put through a ricer, or mash well with a fork. Set aside.
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin into cold water and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan cook milk, sugar, egg yolks and salt until it boils and forms a glaze. Add gelatin mixture and mix until gelatin dissolves. Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Beat whipping cream until peaks form. Seat aside. Beat two eggs whites until stiff. Fold egg whites and vanilla into whipped cream. Fold in gelatin mixture and cottage cheese until well combined.
- Pour over graham cracker crust and smooth. Refrigerate 3 hours. Cut into bars and serve.