-from Mountain Sky Guest Ranch
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Prep time: 45 minutes, plus 6 hours to chill dough in refrigerator.
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- confectioners’ sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar and oil.
- Blend in cocoa gradually, beating in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to cocoa mixture, blending well.
- Cover and chill at least 6 hours.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls, roll in confectioners sugar.
- Place two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes.