Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium sized chicken breasts (or 1 medium whole chicken cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 bunches rainbow Swiss chard trimmed and cleaned
- 1 Chicken bouillon cube
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop onions and celery and set aside.
- Chop Swiss chard, stems and leaves, and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a medium size skillet with a cover and sauté chicken until nicely browned on both sides (6-8 minutes).
- Remove to plate.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of oil and in the same pan, saute onion and celery over medium heat until translucent. (5-8 minutes)
- Add the bouillon cube and allow to melt gently.
- Add the chicken and place chopped Swiss chard on top of the chicken. (Note: It may appear like a lot of Swiss chard, but it will loose 80% of its volume.)
- Cover and continue cooking over medium heat until the Swiss chard has wilted and the chicken is cooked though (20-30 minutes).
- Check for consistency. (If there is too much liquid, remove cover to allow liquid to gently evaporate.)
- Add the cream and allow to reduce to a velvet consistency.
- Adjust seasonings and serve over/with rice, egg noodles or steamed potatoes.