Adapted from King Arthur Flour Serves: 8 Prep time: 45 minutes
For the Crust:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
For the Filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8”by 8” square pan with baking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, cornstarch and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add in the butter, working it in with a pastry blender until the mixture is combined.
It will be crumbly.
- Put the mixture into the square pan and press the crust down along the bottom of the pan and ½ inch up the sides of the pan.
- Bake crust until golden, 8-10 minutes. To make the filling, whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch and salt.
- When the crust has finished baking, pour the filling over the hot crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the filling to be set.
- Allow crust and filling to cool; cut into lemon squares and refrigerate until ready to serve.