Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 /2 cup hot milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 10 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 7 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash of nutmeg
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch into sliced peaches.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture, and add hot milk.
- Mix until it forms wet dough.
- Pour peaches into a 9-inch pan and top with dollops of dough.
- Bake 30 minutes at 425 degrees
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Sauce should be slightly thicker than maple syrup.
- Serve sauce hot, in a small pitcher or bowl.
- Ladle it over the peach cobbler as it is served.