Prep time: 40 minutes
- 2 ¼ cups powdered sugar 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 3 teaspoons peppermint
- extract 2 tablespoons cream
- 12 ounces chocolate wafers (available from Wilton on Amazon.com)
- Combine sugar
- peppermint extract
- Cream in a mixing bowl
- Beat for 2 minutes until well combined.
- Dough should be stiff.
- Spoon the dough onto a long piece of plastic wrap and cover.
- Roll dough into a tube of about 2 inches in diameter. (It should be about the same diameter as the cardboard tube from an empty paper towel roll. Chill for an hour.
- With a sharp knife, slice off rounds of the peppermint candy, each ¼ inch thick. Melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating.
- With a fork, lower the peppermint round into the chocolate, flip, cover in chocolate on both sides and remove to a wire rack with some wax paper under it, to allow chocolate to set.
- Fill bottom pan with several inches of water and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat off and put the chocolate into the top part of the double boiler.
- Stir until melted.
Double boiler method for melting chocolate: