- Prep time: 2 1/2 hours for the turkey, 1 hour for the stuffing, ten minutes for the gravy
- 1 8-10 pound turkey for roasting
- 2 cubes Knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons caraway seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash turkey thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in a large roasting pan, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and caraway seed.
- Put bouillon cubes in bottom of roasting pan, to dissolve in the juices that will collect in the pan as the turkey roasts.
- Bake for 15 minutes per pound at 375 degrees. Baked uncovered, but if turkey starts to brown too quickly, cover loosely with foil. To test for doneness, stick a fork in it (now you know where that saying comes from) and if the juices that run out are clear, the turkey is done.
- Remove from oven and allow turkey to rest 15-20 minutes.
- The turkey can be carved in the kitchen or at the table; we prefer to carve in the kitchen, so that the turkey is hot for everyone. Drizzle with gravy before serving.