Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 eggs, whisked together in a bowl
- 2 teaspoons cream
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chives, snipped into tiny pieces with scissors
- 4 slices rye bread, toasted to a golden brown
- Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a medium frying pan, drop butter and allow it to melt on low heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for a minute until they begin to soften. Whisk together eggs in a small bowl for a minute, adding in the cream and half of the chives.
- With heat on low, pour eggs into the mushroom mixture in the pan and cook slowly.
- This will take several minutes or more as the scrambled eggs take shape slowly. When eggs are cooked, serve on bed of toast and garnish with rest of chives, and chive blossom, if you have them available.
- Add salt and pepper and serve.