Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- Confectioners’ sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven broiler to 400 degrees
- Beat half and half and egg yolks, slowly whisking in the flour, then add melted butter, salt, sugar and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold whites gently into the batter – don’t overmix and flatten the egg whites.
- Grease an ovenproof pan and heat at medium high heat.
- Pour batter into pan, reducing heat immediately.
- Cook pancake for about five minutes, until batter firms up.
- Put fresh fruit on the top of the pancake.
- Place the pan with the pancake under the broiler for no more than two or three minutes, until pancake puffs up and center is set.