- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces cherry liqueur (I used Leopold Brothers Maraschino Cherry Liqueur, but there are several brands available
- 3 or 4 mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon fine sugar
- 3 fresh pitted cherries, frozen
- Put fresh pitted cherries on skewers and freeze in freezer.
- Put sugar and mint in bottom of glass and muddle to release the flavor of the mint.
- Fill glass with ice and add cherry liqueur and vodka.
- Garnish with frozen cherries and serve. (The frozen cherries keep the drink well chilled.)
Note: if you can find Luxardo maraschino cherries, they will make this a transcendent cocktail. Luxardo cherries look nothing like the bright red, scarily- artificial cherries we usually see. They are dark and sweet and delicious and a drop or two of the syrup from the cherry bottle makes this drink absolutely perfect.