Prep time: 35 minutes
- 4 large eggplant
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- ½ cup plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- olive oil for garnish
- pomegranate seeds (if in season) and parsley or mint for garnish
- Prick eggplants with a fork and broil in a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then pull apart eggplant, separating skin and discarding.<
- Put pulp of eggplant into a large bowl and mash. Add garlic, salt, tahini, and lemon juice, and mix until well combined, but still thick and chunky.
- Spread on a plate and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and parsley or mint – or pomegranate seeds if available.