Blueberry Pancakes with Vanilla Ice Cream
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups flour ½ tablespoons baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- vegetable spray for cooking
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- maple syrup, to taste
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add eggs, milk and melted butter, and whisk together. The batter will be a bit lumpy, but don’t overmix because it will make the pancakes tough. Add milk if the batter seems too thick.
- Pour blueberries into batter and mix in gently.
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium heat and spray with vegetable oil. Using a large spoon, drop about ½ cup of batter onto hot pan.
- Cook until bubbles begin to form in the batter and bottom side turns golden.
- Flip pancake and cook until also golden. Wipe down the pan between pancakes.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve with maple syrup.