Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 cup bottled tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups cream
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheeseNote: you can add fontina, muenster, or any mild cheese that you have on hand, but the gouda cheese is what makes this taste best
- 2 tablespoons butter for putting on top of pasta before baking
- Cook pasta in a large soup pot, adding 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. For the penne, allow 11 minutes to reach the “al dente” stage. Drain and put aside.
- Mix all other ingredients, except butter, in a large bowl and add the cooked pasta.
- Put the mixture into a baking dish and dot with small pieces of butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until top is brown.