Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 skinless salmon fillets, about four ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy frying pan (cast iron works best), pour the oil and heat until very hot. Remove skin from salmon and squeeze lemon juice over fillets.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Put salmon into hot frying pan and cook for one minute to blacken fish, before turning heat down to low.
- Cook at low for 3 minutes. Flip salmon to cook the other side, turning back to high heat for one minute. Reduce heat to low and cook another 3 minutes until done.
- Remove from skillet and place on a serving plate. Garnish with peach salsa and serve.