Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound assorted heirloom tomatoes (varied colors are best)
- 4 teaspoons sumac, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 pita rounds, cut into small pieces and toasted in the oven until golden brown
For the dressing:
- Mix sumac (including the water it’s been soaking in) with lemon juice, molasses, pomegranate juice, garlic, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil and salt.
For the salad:
- Slice tomatoes and arrange in a bowl. Add feta, mint, parsley and pita pieces.
- Add half the dressing, then toss to gently coat the ingredients.
- Check seasoning and add salt if desired.