Serves: makes 12 standard-sized muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 15 minutes for baking
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder (it’s a lot, I know, but it works)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Cane sugar for sprinkling on top of unbaked muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients (butter, milk, egg) together in a bowl. Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, lemon zest) together in a second bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until they are combined, but do not over-mix.
- Fold in blueberries and place batter into cupcake tins. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15 minutes. Cool five minutes and serve.