Prep time: 40 minutes, including 25 minutes baking time
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed firmly
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup cajeta sauce or dulce de leche
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth.
- Add slightly beaten egg, vanilla and pecans to creamed mixture and blend together.
- Add flour mixture, a small amount at a time, and mix well after each addition of flour. Mixture will be thick.
- Spread in a greased 8×8 inch pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle the cajeta sauce or the dulce de leche over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan and cut into squares.