Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- juice of one lemon
- 1 bunch of green onions, white ends only, washed and sliced thin
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, washed, drained and chopped roughly
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and sliced
- kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the avocado meat with a spoon.
- Place in a large bowl and slightly mash with a fork.
- Stir in the lemon juice to keep the avocado from turning brown.
- Mix in the chopped green onion, cilantro, Serrano chilies and salt and pepper to taste.
- The guacamole is meant to be chunky; do not overmix.
- Serve with tortilla chips, preferably blue corn tortillas.