Birthday Carrot Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and oil. Add eggs one at a time, mixing them into mixture after each. Add dry ingredients and mix
- well. Add carrots, pineapple and pecans and mix until well combined. Pour batter into greased 8-inch cake tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
For the Icing:
- 8 ounces sifted powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, vanilla, and butter. Cut cream cheese into chunks and add to sugar mixture, beating until icing is free of lumps and smooth.