Serves: 4 appetizer-sized servings or two entrées serving
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup fresh sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 stalk of celery with leave, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (more if you like it hot)
- ½ cup cooked rice
- ¾ cup cream
- Put ½ cup chicken stock in a medium saucepan and add carrots, celery and onion.
- Cook about 12 minutes until vegetables are softened but not soft.
- Pour mixture into a food processor and add rice, salt and pepper.
- With motor running, pour in remaining stock and cream and combine.
Serve hot or cold.
(This is a good use for leftover rice.)