Prep time: 20 minutes plus 20 minutes to marinate the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 thin slices of ginger
- large bunch of Chinese leeks, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
For the chicken marinade:
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and add raw chicken strips.
- Marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok or large frying pan until smoking hot.
- Add chicken and stir fry about two minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and set aside in a bowl.
- Clean the pan and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until smoking.
- Add the ginger and the leeks.
- Add the oyster sauce and the soy sauce, while stirring constantly.
Cook for two minutes and add the cooked chicken. Mix well.
Serve with steamed rice.