Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 8 large rice cakes or 16 mini-rice cakes, unsalted (thinner rice cakes are better)
- Coarse sea salt
- 3 ounces chocolate (I prefer semisweet or milk chocolate for this.)
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for one minute, and then in increments of 30 seconds until chocolate is melted through.
- It took 90 seconds to melt the chocolate I used.
Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the rice cakes with chocolate, and rest on a cooling rack with a piece of wax paper underneath to catch any dripping chocolate.
- Sprinkle sea salt onto chocolate while still melted, and pop into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden.
- Don’t overdo the salt – remember, it’s just a taste to pique the tastebuds! Serve.