Prep time: 20 minutes, plus three hours for chicken to marinate
- 6-8 boneless chicken breasts
For the marinade:
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1 12-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown spicy mustard
- 3-4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken breasts and marinate for 1-3 hours.
- You may marinate chicken in a zip lock plastic bag for better marinade coverage.
- Make sure to flip over the bag a few times during marinade time.
- For more even cooking, pound down chicken breasts with a mallet to even out the thickness.
- Place chicken on a medium-hot grill (gas or charcoal) and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- It’s very important to let chicken rest, lightly covered with foil, for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow the juices to soak in.