Serves: 4-6 people
Prep time: 20 minutes to mix the chocolate mixture and clean the berries, one hour for it to set
- 12 ounces dark chocolate (I used 4 bars of Green and Black chocolate, 85% cacao)
- 3 ounces dried cherries
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows, chopped into smaller pieces
- Cream for pouring on rocky road and strawberries
- Break chocolate into smaller pieces and melt in the microwave – about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cherries, almonds and marshmallow pieces.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with foil and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Allow to refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Slice fresh strawberries and set aside.
- When chocolate is hardened, break apart into jagged pieces.
- Line a small bowl with the rocky road, add strawberries and serve with a small pitcher of cream for pouring on it.
Alternatively, serve bowls of strawberries for dessert, and offer rocky road as a post-dessert sweet with coffee.