Prep Time: 20 minutes, plus 8 hours marinating time
- 2 six-ounce tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 green scallion, thinly sliced, plus a few for a garnish
- radishes, sliced thinly for garnish
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and lime juice. Then, marinate the tuna in the mixture for at least several hours, preferably overnight.
- Turn the steaks several times as they marinate.
- In a large fry pan, add canola oil, and allow oil to heat on high.
- Add steaks, and cook for 1 ½ minutes per side.
- The tuna should be crispy on the outside, and red on the inside.
- Cut tuna into thin slices against the grain.
- Garnish with scallions and radishes, and serve on a bed of rice.