Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups of strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup of red wine vinegar
- sparkling water
- strawberries or mint to garnish
- Vodka (for the cocktail)
- Puree strawberries in a blender.
- Press through a strainer to catch as many seeds as possible, but don’t worry if some get through – this is not a test!
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for two to three minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Stir together syrup and strawberry puree, then add vinegar.
- Put in glass container, and store in refrigerator until needed. Keeps for several days.
- To make a drink, combine 2 ounces of the strawberry mixture with 4 ounces of sparkling water.
- Add ice and garnish with fresh strawberry.
For the Cocktail:
In an old-fashioned glass, combine 2 ounces of the strawberry mixture and 2 ounces of vodka. Garnish with mint or sliced strawberries. Add ice and serve!