HOT HOT HOT Chocolate
This is the greatest recipe! On a cold day, this will warm you up fast (and possibly clear out your nasal passages at the same time). Though this hot chocolate is non-alcoholic, it almost tastes like an adult drink, the flavors are so complex, but kids will love the bang of the cayenne mixed with the sweetness of the chocolate.
Prep time: ten minutes
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup Droste brand cocoa, or any good quality cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- whipped cream for garnish
- shaved chocolate for garnish
- Heat milk in a medium-sized saucepan at medium heat.
- Do not allow milk to scald or boil.
- Mix in cocoa powder, spices, sugar and chocolate chips.
- Using a whisk, whisk the mixture until frothy.
- Serve hot, topped with whipped cream and sprinkle with shaved chocolate.