HOMEMADE SUGAR COOKIES
I used the recipe that came with the cookie stamp, but a molasses or ginger cookie recipe would work as well.
- 10 ounces flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 5 ounces sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sugar for sprinkling on top of cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix in butter and blend in until mixture is crumbly.
- Sir in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Chill dough for one hour.
- Sprinkle work surface and stamp with flour.
- Separate dough into golf ball-sized chunks.
- Flatten the balls and stamp.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on a silpat-covered baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Cookies should be golden brown. Allow cookies to cool before transferring them to wire racks.