GRILLED CHICKEN SAGE SAUSAGE WITH ONIONS AND PROVOLONE
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 2 large white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken sage sausages
- 6 split-top hot dog buns
- ½ pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- Chop onions into thin slices and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Cook onions on grill until soft – about 4-5 minutes – and set aside.
- Cook sausages on medium-high grill until they are just pink inside, also about 5 minutes.
- Place split top buns at edges of grill to toast until they are very crisp, both inside and outside, while the sausages are cooking.
- Put sausage into bun, spread onions on top of the sausage and cover with ½ slice of cheese.
- Put sandwiches at cooler part of grill and using a deep pot lid, cover sandwiches for a minute or two to allow cheese to melt.
- Serve immediately.