Serves: two 15-ounce cans of apples make about 20 mini-caramel apples
Prep time: 15 minutes per can of apples
- 2 cans of mini apples with stems and skin (I found them online at Amazon.com)
- 1 11-ounce bag of vanilla caramels
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Remove apples from can, drain off liquid and allow apples to dry.
- Remove wrappers from caramels. In a medium saucepan, add water and caramels, and melt over low heat until caramel is fully melted.
- Dip apples into caramel, coating them completely.
- Roll the coated apples in crushed peanuts or other sweet treats.
- Allow the caramel covered apples to cool and harden. (If the caramel in the pan cools and becomes too hard to dip the apples into, place the pan back on stove and gently reheat, to continue dipping apples.)