Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 poblano chile
- ½ cup spicy chicken chorizo
- 3 cups shredded asadero cheese (you may substitute muenster cheese)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 Tortillas
- Heat the poblano chili over a gas flame until charred, about five minutes, or broil for five minutes under the broiler.
- Put chile in paper bag, close it and allow it to steam for 20 minutes.
- Rub off the skin, remove the seeds and stem and cut into strips. (Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands thoroughly – the chilis are hot!)
- Break up the chorizo and cook in a skillet for about five minutes, until done. Set aside.
- Grease a medium-sized casserole, skillet or ovenproof dish and add the cheeses.
- Top the cheeses with the chili strips and the crumbled chorizo, and bake at 350 degrees in the oven, until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas, spooning the melted queso into the tortillas and rolling up to eat with your hands.
- Serve immediately.