Prep time: 1 hour thirty minutes, plus time for the dough to be refrigerated twice
For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- zest of one lemon, finely grated
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg plus one egg yolk, beaten together
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup pine nuts, chopped finely
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ripe peaches
- 4 ounces triple-cream cheese, cut into individual-sized wedges
- To make the crust:
- In a food processor, mix together flour, salt, sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the small pieces of butter and pulse until dough is in pea-sized pieces.
- Add the beaten-together egg and egg yolk and pulse until dough forms.
- Sprinkle flour on a dough board or other work surface.
- Turn the dough out of the food processor and form into a ball.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- When dough has cooled, unwrap and roll out on a dough board to 1/8 inch thickness. Press dough into an eight-inch tart pan, trimming off excess dough. Prick holes in the bottom of the dough with a fork and refrigerate for ten more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the tart shell with parchment paper and fill with raw rice or pie weights.
- Bake tart shell for 15 minutes until it is firm but not browned.
- Remove pie weights and allow crust to cool.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- At low speed, add flour, pine nuts and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Pour filling into tart shell and smooth top.
- Cut peaches into 1-inch thick slices and arrange on top of the filling.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees, and give it 20 minutes to cool before serving.
- For a more elegant dessert, add triple cream cheese to individual servings of the tart.
To make the filling: