Adapted from Food52 Genius Recipes, by Chef Michel Nischan
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ cups white wine vinegar
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 small seedless cucumbers, peeled and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup radicchio, well-chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula, well-chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, well-chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- black salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup soft goat cheese crumbled
- ½ cup almond slivers
- Pour the vinegar into a pan and simmer at medium heat.
- Add celery and carrots and remove from heat, allowing vinegar to cool.
- When the mixture is cool, add red pepper, and cover and store in the refrigerator until cold.
- Strain the carrots, celery and red pepper out of the vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix together cucumber, apple, arugula, radicchio and cabbage, and add the carrots, celery and red pepper. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved vinegar to the olive oil, and pour over vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add goat cheese and almonds and mix well. Serve with a good, fresh bread as accompaniment.