Serves: Makes eight muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup sugar plus one tablespoon sugar for bottom of paper cupcake liners
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon plus ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Combine one tablespoon sugar with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle half of the mixture into the bottom of each paper liner.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and half the strawberries, reserving half for placing on top of muffins. Add ricotta and mix in gently.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together melted butter, milk, and egg.
- Add to the flour-and-strawberry mixture, and spoon batter into paper muffin tins.
- Do not fill beyond 2/3 full. Top muffins with reserved berries, and sprinkle with rest of cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops of muffins are golden brown.