- 8 oz. green and wax beans, stringed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 fresh ears of corn, removed from cob1 pint mixed tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½ inch half moons
- 4 oz. lima beans
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, leaves picked
- 1 tsp. tarragon, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ c.apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. local honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the garnish:
- 1 c. candied pecans
- Blanch green, wax, and lima beans, and corn kernels, for two minutes in boiling water, then plunge into ice water.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, toss the blanched vegetables as well as the corn, tomatoes, zucchini, watercress and tarragon with the dressing.
- To Assemble: Place two crab cakes on each plate and surround with heaping amount of salad. Garnish with candied pecans and serve.