Prep Time: One hour
For the Crabcakes:
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, cleaned, shells picked
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 oz lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. Italian parsley, chopped coarsely
- ¼ c. scallions, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c. seasoned flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 c. panko bread crumbs
- oil for pan frying
- For the Crab Cakes: In a large mixing bowl, place the crab meat, sour cream, mozzarella, mayonnaise, parsley and scallions.
- Toss gently.
- Add the zest and juice of one lemon, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and tabasco sauce.
- Mix gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 2 ounce crab balls and set aside.
- Coat the crab balls in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Form into ¾ inch thick patties and set aside.
- Shallow fry the patties in 350 degree oil for about 3 minutes per side.
- Keep warm.