Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound beef sirloin
- 1/2 pound beef brisket
- 1/2 pound beef chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- American cheese – 4 thick slices
- 4 Brioche buns
- 1 large beefsteak tomato
- 8 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 large white onion
- Ask your butcher, or the meat department at the grocery store to grind alternating pieces of the sirloin, brisket and beef chuck.
- If you want to do this yourself, cut meat into 1-inch pieces and grind alternating cuts of meat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Form meat into 1-inch thick patties, but do not overwork the meat.
- Cook over medium high heat for at least two minutes on each side, or meat will stick to grill.
- Grill for another few minutes.
- If you like a medium rare burger, put cheese on burger while it’s rare plus, allowing a minute for the cheese to melt.
- Lightly toast the insides of the bun on the grill, to give a crunchy base and top for the burger.
- When building the burger, put the lettuce on the bottom of the burger first, to keep the juices from the meat from soaking the bottom bun.
- Then pile on the burger, tomato and rings of onions, before topping with other condiments.