Vegetarian Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 50 minutes
Use any vegetables you like for this soup – it doesn’t ever have to taste exactly the same way twice.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 pearl onions, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-13.5 ounce can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, quartered
- ¼ pound green beans, cut into 1” lengths
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup lima beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 zucchini, chopped into one inch pieces and quartered
- 1 cup cooked alphabet pasta
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil in a large five-quart pot, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent.
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes and cook until tomatoes begin to caramelize.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Add stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then add all the vegetables except zucchini,
- Cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add zucchini and pasta.
- Simmer two more minutes and serve.