Prep time: 35 minutes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus one tablespoon for drizzling on salmon before cooking
- 1 small jar capers, rinsed
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, washed and cut with melon baller or make a small circles
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and cut with melon baller to make small circles
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into thirds
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, assorted colors
- ½ kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup orzo, cooked and drained, about 8 minutes. Do not rinse pasta.
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, quartered
- Note: reserve ½ the juice in the artichoke hearts jar for the salad
- 4 lemons, halved
- 4 four-ounce salmon filets (bones removed)
- Adam’s reserve citrus seafood rub from HEB (If you can’t find Adam’s reserve seafood rub easily, I recommend using another seafood rub, which are usually found in the spices section of your grocery store.)
For the Dijon vinaigrette dressing:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
For the orzo:
- Sauté all vegetables except spinach in 3 tablespoons olive oil, until tender.
- Pour all ingredients into a large bowl, including the spinach.
- Top with hot orzo, which will wilt the spinach.
- Pour half jar of artichoke hearts juice to salad.
- Add Dijon vinaigrette dressing.
For the herbed salmon filets:
Drizzle filets with olive oil.
- Grill over medium heat, 2 minutes per side
- Grill four lemon halves until charred.
- Put orzo salad onto plates, place salmon on top of salad and garnish with charred lemon.