To get the lemoniest lemonade, you need to use the whole lemon – including the rind. The oil from the skin of the lemon gives it a supercharged flavor boost, and turns the drink a lovely, frothy yellow. This little trick makes a next-level lemonade, and with a good blender it couldn’t be easier. If you want to turn this into a cocktail, try adding cucumber vodka and a cucumber garnish. It’s incredibly refreshing – so light you barely know it’s there – the coolest drink you’ll ever taste. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 large lemons, well-washed, seeded, and chopped (leave skin on)
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 cup vodka (optional)
- Remove thick pith from lemon.
- Put lemon pieces, water, sugar and ice into a blender and blend on high for one minute. Add vodka if needed.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour lemonade over them. Serve.