Prep time: 15 minutes to assemble, 40 minutes to bake
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups milk, plus milk to pour over oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ Teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/1 /2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup dried apricots, chopped
(You can substitute any dried fruit for the apricots.)
- Mix together melted eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix in butter and milk, then oats, walnuts and apricots. Stir well and put into a greased baking dish.
(Oatmeal in baking dish can be stored overnight in the refrigerator if desired.)
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve hot with warm milk poured over the top.