– adapted from the Silver Palate Cookbook
Yield: 32 cookies
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- ½ cup seven grain cereal
- ¼ cup flour ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger
- ½ cup golden raisins, or dried cranberries, or dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use silicon baking sheets, or lightly spray pan with vegetable oil.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Place ¼-cup measures of the dough, two inches apart.
- Press dough into large circles and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely – cookies are soft when still warm and will firm up as they cool.