Prep Time: one hour and fifteen minutes, plus time for cake to cool before frosting
- 1/3 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups Maine blueberries
- 1/3 cup milkFor the frosting:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box confectioners’ sugarFor the streusel top:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter, sugar and well-beaten eggs.
- Sift four, salt and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture alternately with the milk.
- Fold in blueberries. Turn into a 9-inch well-greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Allow cake to cool.
- For the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter well. Add vanilla and blend thoroughly. Blend in sugar, sifted as necessary.
- This recipe can be adapted to be a coffee cake as well, which was what I did for the photos above.
- Bake the recipe in a 9×13 pan. Before baking, top with the following crumb topping:
- Stir with a fork to make a crumble, distribute lightly over the top, and bake.