Adapted from Greatist.com
Note: quinoa needs to be well washed before using. Make sure you rinse the uncooked quinoa well, or it will leave a soapy aftertaste in anything you put it in
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups skim milk or almond milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 apple, peeled and diced into small pieces
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (other nuts can be used also)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan or piepan. Stir together rinsed quinoa, cinnamon and allspice, and coat quinoa with spices.
- Pour quinoa mixture over bottom of pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, honey, and milk until well combined.
- Sprinkle the apple and blueberries over the top of the quinoa, and pour the egg and milk mixture over the fruit.
- Stir lightly to encourage the egg mixture to penetrate down into the quinoa.
- Bake for one hour. Serve warm.