Adapted from a recipe by Kathleen DeLacy Bourke
Prep time: 30 minutes plus one hour for chilling
- 4 ½ cups Honeydew melon, cubed
- 2 green onions, including half of the tops, chopped
- 1 to 1 ½ Serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro leaves and lime wedges for garnish
- Process all ingredients except buttermilk and cilantro garnish.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in buttermilk.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Just before serving, garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges and serve.