Adapted from Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails
Prep time: 10 minutes plus freezing time
- 1 pound watermelon flesh, trimmed of the rind and seeds removed, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup lime juice plus the zest of one lime for garnish
- 6 tablespoons light rum
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Puree watermelon in a blender or food processor and add rum, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place in freezer for 4-6 hours. (The more alcohol in the mixture, the longer it will take to freeze.) When popsicles are frozen through, remove them from molds by running them under warm water for a few seconds.
- This will melt the ice just enough to release the popsicle from the mold. Garnish with lime zest and serve immediately.