Serves: 24 one-inch pieces
Prep time: 45 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 5 ounce can of evaporated milk
- 1 7/5 ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 12-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup candied orange peel, chopped
- Line a 8 x 8 inch pan with foil and butter the foil.
In a large saucepan, combine sugar, salt, butter, evaporated milk and marshmallow fluff.
- Set on low heat and stir until blended.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until temperature reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.
Remove from heat and add vanilla and chocolate pieces, stirring until mixture is well-combined.
- Add nuts and orange peel pieces and mix well.
Turn fudge out into the foiled and buttered pan and smooth down gently.
- Allow to cool at room temperature until firm (take from 1-4 hours to firm up).
- Cut into one by one inch squares.
- Store in airtight container, keeps for up to a week.