Adapted from the Williams-Sonoma Kitchen
Makes two cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¾ cup dark beer
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce ½ teaspoons
- Salt Pepper to taste Raw vegetables for dipping.
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly for two minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and cheese and bring to a simmer.
- Add dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce and stir 3-5 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add a tablespoon of grated cheese at a time, whisking and allowing cheese to melt before adding more.
- Serve hot with raw vegetables or crostini.