Makes 2 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes plus 45 minutes for peanuts to roast
These should probably have a warning label because they’re hellishly hot!
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Preheat over to 250 degrees.
- Whisk egg white until foamy in a mixing bowl.
- Add in sugar, water, salt, cayenne, garlic and cumin into egg white.
- Throw peanuts into mixture and turn with a spatula until they are coated with the egg white and spices.
- On a baking sheet covered with a silpat sheet, spread nuts in a single layer and roast for 45 minutes until they are brown.
- Turn nuts with a pancake flipper half way into the process so they are evenly toasted.
- Allow to cool before serving.