Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 1 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled and roughly grated
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Combine the sausage, apples, panko crumbs, egg yolk, and salt and pepper.
- Form sausage into small (3 inch) sausage patties.
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and cook the sausage, about 4 minutes per side, until they are well browned.
- Drain sausages and serve immediately, or keep warm in a low temperature oven until ready to serve.